Minutes of the Meeting of the CIRA Board of Directors held via teleconference on July 28, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. ET
Directors attending: Kerry Brown, Andrew Escobar, Michael Geist, Bill Gibson, Rowena Liang, Louise Macdonald, Carole Mackaay, Kevin McArthur, Susan Mehinagic, Bill Sandiford, Rob Villeneuve, Faye West
Advisors: John Demco
Regrets: Byron Holland, Adam Scott
Guests: Findlay Beith, Paul Havey
Recording Secretary: Lynn Gravel
1. Approval of Agenda
The agenda was adopted as presented.
2. Chair’s Remarks
The Chair did not have any remarks.
3. Approval of the 2015 Audited Financial Statements
The financial statements and Auditor’s report were tabled at the meeting.
The Finance, Audit, Investment and Risk Management (FAIR) Committee had met on July 20, 2015 to review the Audited Financial Statements for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. The Committee recommended based on its review that the Board of Directors approve:
- the financial statements of Canadian Internet Registration Authority for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015 as presented;
- the financial statements be presented to the members of CIRA at the next Annual General Meeting; and
- S. Mehinagic and R. Liang be authorized to sign CIRA's 2015 financial statements on behalf of the Board of Directors to signify approval of the Board.
(Moved: B. Sandiford, seconded: B. Gibson, unanimously carried)
4. Appointment of the Auditors
The FAIR Committee had also agreed to make the following recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding the appointment of the Auditors for approval by the Members at the Annual General meeting:
- a motion be presented at the upcoming Annual General Meeting, to re-appoint KPMG as CIRA’s auditors, to hold office until the close of the next annual meeting of members; and
- the Board of Directors recommends approval of this motion by CIRA’s Members.
(Moved: R. Liang, seconded: A. Escobar, unanimously carried)
5. Other Business
The Chair reminded the Board to complete the Board and Committee Effectiveness survey.
6. Next Meeting
The next meeting of the Board will be held in Vancouver on September 17, 2015.
There being no further business the meeting was concluded at 3:30 p.m.