Ottawa, ON – August 5, 2016 - .CA, Canada’s national domain name, and Web Hosting Canada, a Canadian provider of web solutions for small businesses, have partnered to help Canadian athletes ensure they are visible online in advance of the 2016 Rio Olympics and beyond. This project was launched as part of .CA’s partnership with CBC Sports to tell athletes stories in their own voices through the Player’s Own Voice web portal.
- When working to gain awareness, from media, sponsors and other stakeholders a strong website and online presence can give an athlete a leg-up in securing funding and attention.
- .CA and Web Hosting Canada have worked with Monique Sullivan, a track cyclist on the Canadian Olympic team, to create a website in advance of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. You can learn more about Monique and follow her Rio travels at www.moniquesullivan.ca.
- .CA is offering Canadian Olympic and Paralympic athletes free .CA domain names, ensuring that they can protect their personal brand online.
- To help them make the most of their domains, Web Hosting Canada has donated its set of start-up web services, including hosting, a simple website builder, email, and domain name management.
- As amateur athletes, it is critical that the web set-up was simple to launch and maintain, so the athletes can focus on their pre-Rio training programs. Just like busy athletes looking for profile, .CA and Web Hosting Canada can help founders and entrepreneurs get their online presence ready for prime-time.
.CA is helping to tell their stories of success through a partnership with CBC Sports. Find videos of athletes of discussing their stories in their own voice at www.cbc.ca/playersvoice.
- Find out more about how Web Hosting Canada can help athletes, businesses or bloggers get online at https://whc.ca.
- Find the perfect domain for your passion at cira.ca.
- Get inspired by athletes and their stories by visiting http://www.cbc.ca/playersvoice.