The .CA Internet Performance Test (IPT) is a quick and easy test of your Internet connection.
CIRA Internet Performance Test
Canada's advanced performance test for your connection to the Internet. We recommend using Chrome for this test.
Canadian communities can measure their success with a custom testing portal for thier region.
CIRA’s Internet Performance Test is one of the most advanced tests of Internet speed and quality available. It is also has the public interest at its core. The test nodes are located in Internet exchange points, rather than within an ISP’s architecture. This allows CIRA to measure the actual performance of an Internet connection in real network conditions, closely representing the Internet experience of Canadian users. To assess your Internet performance we are using a test called the Network Diagnostic Test (NDT) provided by M-Lab.
With one click you will be able to determine:
- Download Speed (how fast you can transfer data FROM the Internet)
- Upload Speed (how fast you can transfer data TO the Internet)
- Ping (how fast your data travels from your computer to the test server)
- DNSSEC Capability (the ability for your computer to use the DNS Security Extensions)
- IPV6 Capability (the ability for your computer to connect with the latest Internet Protocols)
- ...and over 100 other test results available in the advanced view