Residents and businesses are encouraged to test their Internet connection by visiting https://performance.cira.ca/Burlington. The test will take only a few seconds.
- Burlington is committed to creating a city that grows – with strong job growth, modern transportation systems, an engaging community and a commitment to a healthy environment. Part of delivering on this promise means city officials monitor and evaluate the state of Burlington’s infrastructure, including local broadband Internet speed and quality.
- Burlington’s Internet Performance Test will provide businesses and residents with important information about the health of their Internet connection, while contributing data to a crowdsourced dataset that will allow municipal leaders to understand any gaps or areas of best-practice.
- The test displays results instantly on a map, allowing users to understand the geography of connectivity in their region.
- Ensuring that Burlington continues to have strong Internet services across the municipality will help connect residents to their city, connect the city to the global economy and ensure that Burlington continues to deliver the strong quality of life that its residents expect.
- Test your Internet connection today at https://performance.cira.ca/burlington.
- For more information on CIRA’s work to help Canadian municipalities address their needs for Internet measurement, visit http://performance.cira.ca.
About the City of Burlington
Burlington is one of Canada’s best and most livable cities, a place where people, nature and business thrive. Sign up to learn more about Burlington at www.burlington.ca/enews
About the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing ccTLDs, a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world’s most advanced back-end registry solutions.