Protected school networks reduce malware risk, improve performance and create safe environments for online learning.
Ensuring students, faculty and administration are well connected is important for CIRA's strategic goal to help build a better online Canada.
As open environments with unique risk profiles, schools are high-risk targets for ransomware and other types of malware. School boards also require content filtering that recognizes the different needs of the schools they support. CIRA is pleased to offer a D-Zone DNS Firewall program designed specifically for Canadian school boards and higher education:
- Pricing that recognizes the different bandwidth and traffic patterns in education versus a corporate environment
- Cloud service requiring no local investment in or management of hardware
- Scalable system that doesn't bog down as policies are put in place
- Protection designed for a school's inherently open environment
- Location in Internet Exchange Points that are well peered to research and school board networks in order to deliver a faster recursive service for your users
- High cache hit rate on queries further improves recursive performance
- Integration with Google safe search and feeds from the cybertips to block child pornography
- Licensing that incorporates admin, faculty, student and guest-type networks under one umbrella
How CIRA can help IT managers in education environments
We know that not all users are online all the time and that not all schools need content filtering for all of their users and networks. This program recognizes your special place in Canada and the special needs of your students, faculty, and administration. CIRA helps municipalities across Canada with two services related to cybersecurity: D-Zone DNS Firewall to help keep malware off your network and D-Zone Anycast DNS to protect the public DNS from DDoS attacks and help keep websites, applications and email online.
D-Zone DNS Firewall
Add cost-effective cloud security
Create and segment different networks
with different policies.
D-Zone Anycast DNS
Protect websites, email and applications
from DNS DDoS attacks.
Improve performance with strong Canadian footprint
and global clouds.
If you prefer, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.