September 20, 2016 – Ottawa, ON – At the global meeting of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers this summer, representatives from the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) and .DK Hostmaster delegated authority for the .DK zone to the D-Zone name servers by a symbolic press <Enter> key on the root zone manager RZM tool.
- Facing increased demand for high-performance DNS response times and an increasing threat from DDoS attack, the .DK team is upgrading their current DNS infrastructure to include D-Zone.
- CIRA’s D-Zone Anycast DNS instantly augments .DK with a global DNS server footprint that can help deliver better performance and an additional layer of protection from cyberattack.
- With CIRA’s D-Zone Anycast DNS, TLDs have the flexibility to maintain their own IP blocks to help ensure continuity of service today and in the future.
- In addition to advanced query monitoring and reporting we enable ccTLDs to access packet capture (PCAP) data for further analysis and research. For example, many TLDs run their own in-house monitoring or contribute to research initiatives like DNS-OARC’s Day in the Life (DITL) project.
- D-Zone was built to sustain the performance and resiliency standards of the .CA domain name space, and as such is well-suited for modern ccTLD and gTLD businesses.
- Learn more about Anycast: D-Zone technology explained
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing ccTLDs, a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world’s most advanced back-end registry solutions. CIRA helps to support the Canadian Internet community through investments in Internet Exchange Points, the Canada Internet Forum, and the CIRA Community Investment Program.
About DK Hostmaster
DK Hostmaster is the registry of the Danish top-level domain and it’s core task is to manage all .dk domain names. DK Hostmaster ensures a secure and stabile infrastructure of the DK zone in DNS and maintains an up-to-date and verified whois database. DK Hostmaster works internationally to share knowledge and participates in discussions on the evolution of the Internet and it’s infrastructure on behalf of the Danish Internet society.