CIRA provides emergency after hours support to .CA Certified Registrars outside normal CIRA business hours, specifically from 4:30 pm to 8:30 am, Eastern Time.
Accessible version follows:
CIRA POLICIES, RULES, AND PROCEDURES
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY SUPPORT
CIRA’s normal business hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (not including public holidays). CIRA provides emergency after hours support to .CA Certified Registrars outside normal CIRA business hours, specifically from 4:30 pm to 8:30 am, Eastern Time. This emergency technical support is designed to assist Registrars with critical business issues. The goal is to provide a rapid response when Registry services are unavailable. Examples of critical business issues are:
- Situations that impact the Registry, total disruption of service
- Situations that impact a major service such as WHOIS, DCM and EPP
- Registry System unavailability
Emergency Technical Support Procedures
- Call (613) 237-0234, and someone will answer the phone immediately and assist you with your call. Please have available your Registrar name, telephone number and e-mail address to reach you and a short description of the problem.
- The message will be paged out to a Registrar Support Specialist (RSS).
- You should receive a call back from as RSS Agent within 5 to 15 minutes.
The RSS assigned to the case will work on the problem until one of the following is reached:
- The service becomes operational again, and the issue is closed or its severity is downgraded
- An acceptable and sustainable workaround is provided to keep the service operational until a more permanent solution is found, and the severity is downgraded
- The issue is resolved
Please be aware that CIRA may charge a $100 fee for calls made to this service for issues that are of a non-urgent nature and can be dealt during normal business hours. Examples of non-urgent issues are:
- General administrative and financial inquiries
- General domain registration (Create, renewal, update and transfer) inquires
- Any issues that can be dealt with during normal business hours
NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS SUPPORT
CIRA’s normal business hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday (not including public holidays).
New Year's Day - Monday January 2, 2017
Family Day - Mon, February 20, 2017
Good Friday - Friday April 14, 2017
Easter Monday - Monday April 17, 2017
Victoria Day - Monday May 22, 2017
Canada Day Leave - Monday July 3, 2017
Civic Holiday - Monday August 7, 2017
Labour Day - Monday September 4, 2017
Thanksgiving Day - Monday October 9, 2017
Christmas Day - Monday December 25, 2017
Boxing Day Leave - Tuesday December 26, 2017
Email Registrar support at regsupport@cira
- Please ensure that you include as much detail as possible
- For contact with our support department via the telephone during normal business hours please use the following telephone numbers:
• Toll free – 1-877-860-1411