Thank you for your interest in CIRA's Community Investment Program. The 2019 application period for the Community Investment Program is now closed.
Who is eligible?
- Infrastructure: Developing connectivity services for regional, rural, remote and/or underserved communities
- Access: Providing individuals and communities with the ability to connect to the internet
- Digital Literacy: Enhancing Canadians’ knowledge and skills to use the internet effectively and safely
- Engagement: Research and knowledge-sharing activities that broaden public understanding and participation in internet policy development, governance and cybersecurity
- Services: Building online apps and platforms that address social, economic and/or environmental needs
- Projects solely focusing on website development and design
- Training proposals that provide generic IT training
- Applications seeking IT equipment for general purpose training programs
- Requests for sponsorship
- General fundraising appeals
- Ongoing core operations (e.g., permanent staff salaries, administrative functions such as firewalls and intranets, etc.)
- Retrospective costs
- Marketing or research associated with marketing activities
- Projects whose main focus is outside of Canada
Grants are available up to $100,000. In addition, one grant will be available up to $250,000.
See the Application Guidelines for more information on eligibility, funding areas and examples of past projects, and detailed advice for filling in the online application form.