CIRA completes modernization of .CA registry with upgrade to Fury Registry Platform
Ottawa, ON – February 6 – Today, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is proud to announce that Canada’s domain, .CA, is now powered by the industry leading Fury Registry Platform.
CIRA’s Fury Registry Platform is a next-generation top-level domain (TLD) management platform with features and functionality designed for the modern TLD business. Fury features a modern interface with role-based access to key registry functions that provide flexibility in pricing, promotion, and domain management to help operators run their business and grow their registry.
The migration of the .CA Registry to Fury was a massive project that involved the entire CIRA team, more than 140 .CA-certified registrars and 2.8 million .CA domain names.
- The Fury Registry Platform leverages CIRA’s more than 20 years of experience managing the .CA domain to build an advanced registry platform to support a modern TLD business.
- In addition to powering the .CA registry, the Fury Registry Platform also runs the .SX and .KIWI registries, and is flexible and modular to accommodate the needs of any modern TLD.
- Many of Fury's advanced features can be adjusted on-demand, without technical interventions, allowing marketing and finance teams to directly manage and report on a domain’s promotional activity.
- Fury provides channel partners with enhanced marketing and communications capabilities that increase the power and flexibility of sales promotions.
- Fury’s tags feature—an industry first—enables operators to apply advanced business rules to individual domains or domain groupings to adjust pricing and promotions in real-time.
“We take our responsibility as the caretakers of Canada’s domain very seriously. When we set out to develop a next-generation registry platform, we had our eye on what the domain name industry might look like 10 years from now and how we could help it continue to grow and prosper. However, we never lost sight of our core responsibility—to ensure the .CA domain is safe, stable and secure for all Canadians.”
Byron Holland, president and CEO, CIRA
“As the business owner for .CA, when it came time to think about how the registry should evolve we collaborated with the product team to build a platform that could provide enhanced reliability and flexibility for our channel partners. The Fury Registry Platform delivers on that promise and more. Our .CA channel partners now have the advanced business tools they need to compete and win in the domain name industry.”
David Fowler, vice president, marketing and communications, CIRA
“Migrating .CA onto the Fury Registry Platform is a big milestone in the growth and development of CIRA’s Registry Services. The next step in this journey is to build partnerships with our ccTLD and gTLD partners around the world to help them grow and expand their business. Given the features and flexibility of Fury—we think we have a winner.”
Dave Chiswell, vice president, product development, CIRA
For more information on the Fury Registry Platform.
Get your .CA domain at choose.ca
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing ccTLDs, a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world’s most advanced back-end registry solutions.