ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates – October 31, 2017 –Two industry-leading partners, Uniregistry and SIDN, have signed on with the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) to receive D-Zone DNS services for their top level domains. Both partnerships were announced today at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) meeting in Abu Dhabi.
- SIDN manages .nl, the top-level domain of the Netherlands, which counts more than 5.7 million domains under management. In addition to running one of the most successful country-code domains, SIDN helps maintain standards for internet quality, security and privacy.
- Uniregistry operates .ky, the top-level domain of the Cayman Islands, along with 25 new generic top level in domains (gTLDs) in the global marketplace, including .link, .game, .mom and .photo.
- CIRA D-Zone Anycast DNS is built for resilience with a strong footprint at each node across a global, well-peered network that is recognized as best-in-class by some of the most discriminating buyers in the industry.
- CIRA’s solution started with the needs of the .CA TLD at its heart, and is now finding great partners around the world who are committed to building a better internet for their users.
- Establishing one or more secondary DNS footprints is considered an internet infrastructure best-practice that can help to mitigate the risks posed by DDoS that increasingly focus on DNS providers, where they can do the most damage. The DNS is fundamental to ensuring that websites, email, and web applications remain online and optimized for performance.
About the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing country code top-level domains (ccTLD), a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world’s most advanced back-end registry solutions.
Uniregistry is a domain name registration company creating innovative and intuitive products for users to connect on the Internet. Uniregistry operates 25 new extensions itself, including .link, .game, .mom and .photo, and sells internet names directly to the public through its own retail registrar, http://Uniregistry.com.
SIDN manages .nl, the top-level domain of the Netherlands, which counts more than 5.7 million domains. The company also develop and deliver services and solutions that make connected living easier and safer. SIDN’s research team SIDN Labs supports those activities by devising new technologies and systems that increase the stability and security of .nl, the DNS and the internet infrastructure. SIDN is also directly or indirectly (through SIDN Fund) closely involved in numerous social initiatives designed to promote use of the internet and address its unwanted side-effects.